The deadline for the submission of applications for grants was 1 February 2009. It is no longer possible to apply for a grant.
Applicants that have sent in their application before 1 February will be informed about the decision of the congress organization before 1 March.
Scholars from the developing countries can apply for a grant to cover (part of) their travel and accommodation costs (700 to 1000 euros each). In addition their congress fee will be waived.
Please note that grants will only be given to participants who are presenting a paper at the congress. Applicants must moreover cover part of the travel and accommodation costs from other funds. If the number of applications should exceed the budget, priority will be given to junior scholars.
For this purpose two funds are available:
- The Roberto Cortés Conde fund, established by the IEHA Executive Committee in 2003;
- Funds donated by Fortis Bank for the 2009 congress.
Paper presenters seeking funding should send the following documentation before the deadline of 1 February 2009:
- An application letter. This letter must include a statement confirming which part of the total travel and accommodation costs the applicant will cover from other sources.
- The applicant's curriculum vitae.
- A copy of the applicant's passport or other valid ID.
- The title and an abstract of the congress paper to be presented.
- A letter from the session organizer stating that the applicant has been accepted as a paper presenter.
- A reference letter from the applicant's university or institution.
- An estimation of the travel expenses, specifically including the cheapest flight-ticket alternative (please specify the airline(s) and actual connections).
After the deadline the congress organization will consider all applications. Applicants will be informed of the decision on their application before 1 March 2009. No decisions will be given before the deadline.
We will only accept applications sent by post. They should be sent to:
Jessica Dijkman (WEHC 2009)
Department of History and Art History
3512 BS Utrecht
Queries concerning the application procedure can be sent to: